Updated CCTECCTE CFP, as of July 16.
Frances Hernández Teacher-Scholar Award
Nomination deadline February 10, 2017
Each year the Conference of College Teachers of English honors the memory of Dr. Frances Hernández, longtime member of CCTE. Recipients should manifest the excellence in teaching, scholarship and service exemplified by Dr. Hernández herself. Recipients receive a plaque at the spring CCTE conference and an award of $1,000.
Specifically, nominees for this award should demonstrate their dedication to the profession through the following
Service to CCTE, to college or university, and to other professional organizations, and
Academic and scholarly achievement.
Nominees must be CCTE members in good standing at the time of the nomination.
Nominations, including self-nominations, should be sent to the CCTE Executive Secretary/Treasurer by January 15, 2016. Materials must include a letter of nomination and a complete c.v. for the nominee.
Nominations go to Trudi Beckham
or by mail:
University of Texas at Arlington
Women’s & Gender Studies
P.O. Box 19579
Arlington, TX 76019
Due by January 15, 2016.
Click on the CCTE CFP for 2017:
CCTE CFP 2017
CCTE’s Executive Secretary-Treasurer, Trudi Beckman, has done an exceptional job of updating all the information relevant to CCTE and creating job descriptions for councilors, officers, and members of the executive committee.
Thank you, Trudi!
Officers/Councilors send the following materials to the Editor for CCTE Studies, Moumin Quazi, firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Send the Editor a list of all the awards and the award-winners’ names and paper titles.
2. Send the Editor copies of all award-wining papers and complete contact information for the writers.
1. Send the Editor copies of all papers from President’s Forum and complete contact information for the writers.
2. Send the Editor the President’s Message.
Send the Editor a copy of award-winning paper and complete contact information for the writer.
Send the Editor a copy of the following information:
1. Call For Papers (CFP) for next year’s meeting
2. Lists of Current Officers and Councilors
3. Conference Program (Remove names of people who didn’t show); check with the Local Arrangements Chair
4. Spring Executive Committee Meeting Minutes
5. Spring General Business Meeting Minutes
6. Spring Financial Report
7. List of Lifetime and Honorary Members
8. List of Institutional Members
A note to all officers:
1. All authors need to revise their papers for publication, but the finished paper should be the same basic paper that was read at the Conference, but with internal citations and a Works Cited page included. In other words, revised papers should not exceed 10-or-so pages.
2. Put only one space after periods when punctuating sentences.
3. Add a Works Cited page and internal citations.
4. A footnote or endnote section is fine, if the author wants to incorporate one.
5. Literature papers should conform to the latest MLA Style Guide (8th edition).
6. If your discipline uses the APA Style Guide, please use the latest version.
7. Double-space the entire paper.
8. Use 1-inch margins on each side of page.
What is CCTE?
CCTE (Conference of College Teachers of English) is one of the oldest scholarly organizations in Texas with its first meeting in 1933.
2016 Conference Overview
CCTE’s 2016 conference dates are: March 3-5, 2016
The conference will be held at the Menger Hotel in San Antonio, Texas.
Chairs for the 2016 Conference
Rhetoric, Linguistics, Language, Technical Writing, Composition = Melinda McBee
Writing = Marcy Tanter
Literature = Nicholas Webb